Monday, October 3, 2011

Rises with the Morning.

Last night proved to be rather restless. Perhaps too much caffeine or too much on my mind or just one of those not-so-rare occasions where I am not that sleepy.

I woke up around 4:30 AM wide awake, put my running shoes on, and by 5 AM found myself hitting the pavement.

What do you experience on a run at 5 AM?

Yes, there was a moment where I thought "Kristin, you're borderline mental. Why aren't you in bed?" Yes, I talk to myself. Out loud. At least I think I do...

More important then the self questioning, what I experienced was silence. Very little traffic on the main roads where I was jogging and street lights hitting the sidewalk that created a romantic ambiance between God and I-- one of His little reminders of what's He's all about.

The quiet and the promise of a new day charged my spirits and I found myself being so grateful that I decided to get up and out of my bed instead of laying awake and annoyed for another couple of hours.

I was planning on making the drive back to York for school in the morning because I had to head to Lincoln the evening before (and I am just not a night person, the interstate likes me much better at 6 AM.)

It was still dark when I was getting on the road, and the sky was just starting to pink-up from the Sun beginning to rise, which I soon began to see in my rear view mirror. The sky looked pretty enough to take a picture.... and because of handy-dandy technology we have these days, I was able to do so:

I was keeping my eyes on the road and no one was injured in this phone photograph.

What I thought I was seeing was the pinnacle of my morning, the colors painting the sky and the brightness just eek-ing out from beneath the fields. Just when I thought things looked good....


The sun's beauty was to its full potential and I kept peeking back at the spectacular view behind me while listening to some inspiring music and thanking God for his little reminders of beauty.

I am a young person and some may say I have "the world at my fingertips". With a new life of adulthood just around the corner, I sometimes think that the painted sky and the small glimpses of the sun are all that God has in store for me.

However, I believe that God is faithful and consistent, and if I may live a long life, he is only beginning to show me how awesome He is. 

Little moments like this with God are like the bouquet of flowers from someone that remind you just how much you're loved....

just how much love there is to come.

For that, I am thankful, and I am going to start wake to the potential my young life has in pursuing the Lord instead of being satisfied with only his faint presence in my life.

My resonating thought today:

"Wake up and see the whole rising of the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment