Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hear me now.


Ever had a moment where you have so much to say, thoughts are stacked in your head like overflowing piles of things you must get out before they become poison in your system?

When you get the moment to eject this junk, words cannot be formed just right in your mouth.

Ever looked forward to a conversation with a friend, someone you love, someone with whom you have a bone to pick?

Then, the time comes to express all that you are experiencing in your entire being….

And... you fail to communicate. 

And that muck bunched all up in your head?

Still there.

Those that know me understand that the moments that I have little to say are few and far between (and those words that I decide not to share I just write on my own personal blog where I can speak even more! Ah, the luxuries of technological communication.)

Perhaps God intervenes in those moments that we don’t know what to say. Perhaps it derives from our own personal fear. Perhaps what you feel what needs to be said, in fact, does not need to be said at all.

Or I'm the only one that actually experiences this moment and I lost you in the first sentence of this ranting reflection. (You know, you can click the “X” in the right hand corner of your browser window? Once again, luxuries of technology!)

Interestingly enough, the One that I know understands my every thought that has ever piled up and left my brain is the One that I find myself speechless with the most.

Pain, joy, confusion, hate, hurt, bitterness, anger. All emotions that barely skim the surface of the aching inside of me when I’ve come before God.

So much communication in this child in front of a Father that wants to hear it all.

And… I’m speechless. What to say?

There has been several moments in recent days where I felt a way that I could not described. I came across this paraphrase in The Message, and was overwhelmed with relief.

“Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in waiting, God’s spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our present condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” –Romans 8:26 (The Message)

Not only can I do life without my Lord and Savior by my side, I cannot even possibly start to know myself…. Let alone express myself…. Like my Lord and Savior knows my my heart.

Those moments I don’t know what to say to Him? He knows what I want to say.

Those moments I don’t know what to ask for? He knows what I need.

The moments I can’t get my exact though to fellow man?

I’ll have peace in this: God knows my spirit and how it yearns to be heard.

Check out this short song by The David Crowder Band that coincides:




“Can you hear me now?”

Good.

So, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment