Friday, April 6, 2012

For the guy I used to kick around that I now call my brother.

The stuff that makes you better. Part 1

When I think of becoming better I think of a lot of good people with big hearts, inspiring stories, and a whole lot of passion and one of those people that has been standing in front of me, behind me, or beside me.

It's funny how close Carson and I are, still together at college, walking around with all too serious, intense looks on our faces with matching Mac-books. (by the way, I'm usually lacking in the all too serious, intense look but Carson brings it out of me... sometimes it's because we're arguing) Though his never lacking confidence and ability to recall most every interesting fact about movies, sports, history, as well as useless, impressive information has always somewhat annoyed me, I cannot deny my admiration and respect for the guy.

Carson has qualities I wish I had which including a sureness of self, opinions, and abilities even when it seems that many disagree with him or may doubt him. He has a clear vision for what is right, just, and wise, and I believe he'd walk that road alone if he had to and he's not afraid to take a stand, to add a word, to confront, or to be defiant to promote goodness. When I think of the kinds of people that spur me on, keep me accountable, and point me towards Christ, I think of this dude. 

So, I love my brother, and I guess I just wanted to tell you that. I also wanted to remind you that if you're looking for a little inspiration in a best friend, why not try those that have been there for you all along? 



No comments:

Post a Comment